Friday, September 29, 2006

#23 Song long Dubrovnik, off to split



My last day in Dubrovnik I wandered all around the parts of the city I haven't been to after taking a morning swim. After my long walk (5 hours) I went for an afternoon swim before going back to make some dinner. There happened to be a festival in the main square where they had a band playing and passed out free drinks and appetizers to everyone; score!!! I spent a lot of the time there watching these little kids play, it's funny to hear little kids talk in other languages.
The next morning I boarded a ferry for an 8 hour ride up the coast to Split. It was an absolutely beautiful day, the sun was out, we were between the main coast looking at the cliffs and on the other side small islands and the big blue sea. I made some friends on the ride as well, a guy from new zealand, andrew who we spent about 3 hours of the trip laughing at this or that. Then I met an australian girl who I talked with in between her reading her lonely planet book and me telling her it was worthless. Then I met two German guys who I assumed they were friends because they sat next to each other and bought each other beers. They didn't really talk to each other, just sat quiet for hours taking in the sun and drinking there beers. When we finally got talking they were quite funny and we chatted and laughed with the australian girl the rest of the way to split.
I was sneezing a lot on the ride (I know, sneezing again.) I really enjoy sneezing, it really jolts the soul and stirs things up. I was also thinking how much I enjoyed the scooter riding and thought that if I live somewhere warm it would be fun to get a motorcycle or scooter but then thought about sneezing with the helmet on and the fact that the eyes shut for a moment, it could make for a dangerous, messy, situation.
More to come soon. I have met one of the most interesting people in all my days.

No comments: