Monday, February 12, 2007

#57 One night in Bangkok...don't eat the banana.


In the first 10 minutes of my arrival into Bangkok I was struck with both complete excitement and then a complete letdown and dissapointment. I saw that there were 7-11's everywhere and couldn't wait to touch my lips to a slurpee, but when I went inside there was none to be had. Bangkok however, does have just about anything that you want to buy with street vendors of every sort. I found my favorite thing to purchase. For just over a $1, you can pick a cd from a large list and they can transfer it directly onto your ipod. The fist day I bought over 20.
In the night everwhere turns into a bar or massage parlor or both. As you can see above, they turn the front of 7-11 into a bar. There is also a gas station on the main corner that they make into a bar/restaurant/massage parlor, the bar being at pump 2.
I am staying on the bourbon street of bangkok with all the hustle and bustle, called Koosan rd.

I decided to get my first thai massage and see if they could outdo chacha.
Talking to some guys on the street they told me about the areas to find the little cute girls to give massages. Little girls? I wanted a big girl, with big forearms and strong hands. I found her, she was awesome, pushing on my back while her knees were on my hams, as I lay there drooling on myself. She could kick chacha's ass anyday. One hour was about $5.50.

I haven't tried yet, but plan on doing it soon. In the street besides all of the fresh fruit, pancakes, and thai food you can buy, you can also purchase fried grasshoppers, worms and such.

When I traveled on the truck through africa I met a girl from the US, Meredith who was traveling around SE asia now as well. She just met up with me in Bangkok and we will head down to the thai beaches tonight. Yesterday when she arrived we walked around the city until we found these guys playing a sort of volleyball with a small harder ball and only using their feet and heads to send the ball over the net. How high these guys could kick their legs was amazing.

We then headed to a different part of town to see the infamous ping pong show. Here, girl would stick things up their you know what such as ping pong balls. They could open a beer bottle. They could blow horns, shoot darts and smoke a cigarrette all with...yeah that's right. It was quite disturbing and my stomach hurts just thinking about it. We didnt' want to spend much money and it's true what they say "you get what you pay for". We had to have been in the raunchiest bar that exists in thailand and possibly the world. When she brought out the banana, the guy sitting next to us leaned over and said "never eat a banana at a sex show." Point taken.

After that we had to clear our minds of this and so we went and saw a great live band and let the music absorb our minds in hopes to push out the disturbing pictures we had in our heads.

I've always enjoyed playing ping pong growing up, but I fear that my game will be thrown off everytime I see a ping pong ball again.

There is a saying "don't put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear".
I think they need to come up with one about not putting foreign objects, ESPECIALLY razorblades in certain places.

Sex. In America an obsession. In other parts of the world a fact. ~Marlene Dietrich

No comments: