Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wedding and farewell to MI



On the big wedding day, before heading out to the hotel, Lola, Emmett, Vanessa, my mom and I spent the morning that was supposed to rain in the beautiful sunshine at the war memorial having a very productive morning selling sari saks www.sarisak.com , scarfs and jewelry from India. Vanessa and I then headed out to the hotel. I hung out with the boys. This is Mike and team Tony below.
The boys headed over in a limo and then got to hang out for a bit before the wedding ceremony began. I didn't get the memo that grey is out.

Wow! Who is that good looking couple? At least one good looking one on the left.

The groomsmen and Mike. That is a face of anticipation for his future wife.

Luckily I made it through the 4th grade and could do the reading for them, which was truly an honor to do. I went with the normal voice since Mike vetoed my James Brown blues brothers preacher voice...although his siblings were all up for it.

It's all happening. The moment of truth. Don't they look great!!!!

Mike is just so happy that she went through with it! Walking to the reception hall as husband and wife.

The bridesmaids. Beautiful.

My parents with the Hess's. Are my parents that short or are the Hess's that tall. The important thing is that everyone is smiling :)

After some delicious food, the dancing has begun.

Was great catching up with some other friends that I don't get to see so often. Mike G and his lovely wife Stacey.

We all managed to keep these guys quite busy throughout the night. Most popular drink of the night was ginger beer with rum.

Mom and Dad doing their signature dance. Hard to keep these two off the dance floor...especially when Vanessa is around.

The dancing went late into the night and we just wanted to remind everyone "peace".

Mike is one of my best friends and it was great being such a part of this day for him. He married such a wonderful person; Jill, who I have known since high school. I am so happy for both of them and know they will have such a wonderful life together, and I look forward to meeting up with them in San Diego in just a few weeks. Thanks Mike, Jill, the Kaselitz and Thomas family for being who you are and letting me, Vanessa and my family be part of your special day and your life. I love you guys!


While in Michigan, I got to hang out more with Bob, Tammy, Two shoes, Jimmy, Emmett and even celebrate U. Jim's bday. I also got to see my cousin Shay and her kids as well as Aunt Marge and Kathy.
A week in MI, seemed like I did the amount that people would do in months. It was a lot of fun and a bit tiring at the same time. It's never enough time and I thank my parents and sister Chris for being patient with my hectic ways while home.

No comments: