Wednesday, January 31, 2007

#52 I get all the news I need from the weather report.



I had planned on leaving Palolem beach earlier, but the lifestyle has sucked me into staying longer, I will now depart tomorrow. I've met some nice people who I've spent a bit of my time with. Anthony from Australia and Mike from New Zealand who live next door and I have hung out most days. We have also hung out with others living in our area like Michelle and Sarah from England.

I have found myself in a bit of a routine for the last few days. It goes something like this:
Wake - Bathroom - Swim - Walk on the beach-breakfast (tomato and chesse omelet, hash browns, toast and tea; $1)- read in the hammock on my porch - swim - listen to music while laying on the beach - swim - talk with others on the beach - swim - get an ice cream - swim - back to reading in the hammock - go to town to get water..email..other things - walk on the beach and watch the sunset - read in hammock - dinner -hang out with friends -bed Next day: do it again.

I sleep under a mosquito net which turns out to protect you from many things. Last night I woke up to something moving around my room and when I turned on the light I saw little mice or rats escaping through my ceiling; it's amazing to me how little this bothered me, I turned the lights off and went back to sleep.

We had a gin and tonic party last night (the neighbors and our few friends). Turned out fun with lots of laughs.

I ate my first banana-chocolate pancake...get in my belly!!!

That is basically my life on the beach for the last few days.
So, I hear there is a lot of snow in michigan. Can't say I'm missing it right now.

"I've got nothing to do today, but smile and doh doh doh, here I am" -Simon and Garfunkel in their song 'only living boy in new york'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve!
Sounds like paradise. Let's switch roles. Regards from Becks-Town, Tom

P.S: I watched Friends Vol.1

Anonymous said...

The only living boy in New York, great tune